Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The joys of singlehood

I can't tell you the amount of times that people ask me in a week "when are you getting married" or "why are you single" or "Don't you want kids" well when I have weekends like I did this past weekend it makes me realize I am exactly where I need to be in life. This past weekend I went to a church singles conference in California. My favorite thing about the conference was everywhere I looked I saw people smiling and laughing. You could just see the release of day to day pressures being let go of. It was amazing at how quickly I met people I bonded with and how great it was to see old friends and mission companions I have not seen in years! There are tough times associated with being single but you know what... there are tough times associated with every stage in life and frankly I am happy to be exactly where I am - the pics should speak for themselves.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW. Great update to your blog and it did open up when I got on your blog. Looks like a fun and rewarding trip. Great pictures. DAD

Kim said...

So glad you are enjoying yourself! I love you!

Denise said...

Those people who ask you those questions are idiots! I'm glad that you had a nice time.

Hey, how do I turn off the music? It is hard to read while the music is on.

Anonymous said...

Steph, Holy schnikes you look great. I can't beleive how happy you look/sound. Keep on truckin' the single life. Being married is great but don't slow down the single scene waiting for marriage to happen.
Jeff Heaton

Teresa said...

Wow, it looks like you had a great time at the conference. The pics are great. I'm so happy to hear that. You are right to be happy where you!!!

Thanks for including me in your blog. We should go out and do something real soon!

TMB

Anonymous said...

Steph! I love seeing your blog. I'm trying to keep mine updates as well. So I thought you might be interested in this. it's justin and his family on the news about baby sarah.

http://www.myfoxutah.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=6
471039&version=3&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=1.1.1